Sunday 14 August 2011

Opinion Piece:This week in gaming on Game Blogger UK

Its been a slow week(Month?) for games but I have been delving into world of both Blizzards Starcraft 2 and Sid Meier's Civilization V(well attempting too!).

All your base belong to us.

I recently picked up Civ5 at the bargain price of £5.99 with a friend. We set the download on steam, seemed to take an age with Scottish internet!! Eventually we both have the game fully downloaded, booted up and ready to test the online then to discover that Windows and Mac users cannot play with each other online as they are on different patch versions. Not happy! I forced my Mac user(Really, why get a Mac when you use none of the mac features!!) friend to re-download the game on his windows partition and so far that's been my Civ 5 experience but i look forward to finally getting into some Civ5.

Diamond for ever!
I Decided in my quest to get to master that i would need to actually play some games this season. I've managed a fair few(well a few) and have actually been playing really well. I've had an array of cheeses(Risky strategies designed to end the game) thrown at me from bizarre cannon rushes to 2 base baneling busts and I've certainly been holding my own vs my fellow diamond league dwellers. I've yet to meet my first masters player on Blizzards ladder but when I do I will be prepared(and probably lose!). Masters has never looked so close!!

My weeks worth of laddering!

No comments:

Post a Comment